Thursday 7 February 2019

Had To Travel 36 miles For Nothing

I recently was talking to someone I know who is also on Jobpath and their nearest People1st center is a 18 mile drive away. They were telling me that they had a meeting with their job adviser and that they left home in time for the meeting but they were five minutes late because of the bit of snow that we had on the roads.

They apologized for being late and explained the reason why, that meant nothing as all their job adviser said to them was that they could not seem them now as they were five minutes late and that they would have to make another appointment at reception and with that they turned round and walked back to their desk.

Now this person had to drive 18 miles just to get to the People1st center but because they were five minutes late they weren't seen and had to drive another 18 miles to go back home.

It seems to be OK for staff members in People1st to keep unemployed people waiting at reception for five minutes but not OK to keep staff from a private company waiting. Again one rule for unemployed people and another for private company staff members.

I have to say that with my present job adviser I am rarely kept waiting for more than a minute but I have at times been sitting waiting for five minutes on one or two occasions the first time I was on Jobpath. I also remember very clearly arriving early for the CV gateway course yet it didn't start until 10:13am yet it was OK for People1st staff members to keep us all waiting for the course to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment