Monday 5 December 2016

Job Searching on People1st Computers

Job searching is where we have to go into the People1st building to log onto the People1st computers every week for one and half hours to look for jobs. There are 15 computers for job searching in the People1st building. My first job search did not get off to a good start.

Below is a photo similar to the cubicles inside the People1st building and the computers that are used for jobseeking are just beside these desks.  The job advisers desks are that close to the computers it means if they are talking to another jobseeker anyone can hear everything the jobseeker and job adviser say! As I said in a previous post there is no privacy at all!
Once you log into a People1st computer the Seetec page asks for an email address, you can't search for jobs on the Seetec page unless you log in with a email address. I asked about this and was told I would learn all about it in the Gateway course, I was also told I might have to do a basic computer course just so I could learn how to set up a email address, now I have been using computers long before half of these people even knew what a computer was so for them to say I might have to do a basic computer course just to set up a email address was taking the piss altogether.

I also asked my job adviser about a email address and was told "I'll get one set up for you after the course"  She never bothered setting one up for me after the course, I had to set one up myself on their shitty slow computer. I wasted my time as after I had set one up and typed it into the Seetec page it said to check my emails and to click confirm on the link that they sent, I did that and then it took me back to their page and asked me to LOG in. I typed in my user name & password that Seetec give me, guess what? It said wrong password or username, so I typed my email address and password, same thing. I gave up in the end. There is a picture of the page we were given about "Update Email" at the bottom of this page.

I told another job adviser I couldn't search for jobs as it was asking for an email address and I couldn't get it to work, his reply "Oh you don't need a email address to search for jobs, that is just for our own People1st/Seetec page, you can still search for jobs using google and typing in the jobs pages list" To say I was very fucked off by this stage would be a understatement.

Now about the job searching, they only have computer monitors and keyboards, no towers as its an all in one computer but you can plug a USB pen into the side of the computer monitor. Their computers have no anti-virus or anti-malware programs so it would not be safe to plug a USB pen into their computers. Their computers are all HP Pro One 400 all running on Windows 7 and is also the same computers the job advisers use.


They have a notice up on the wall above the computers saying if you want to use a USB pen you have to have it scanned first at reception, it should be the other way round as mentioned above, they have no anti-virus or anti-malware programs on their computers. They also have laptops you can borrow at reception to use beside a desk near the job searching computers.

One last thing I should mention is that after my job searching I went to the bathroom before I left. Now this was my first time in the toilets in the People1st building. In the men's toilets there are two cubicles and two piss basins. In the one of the men's cubicles there was no toilet paper. There was also no hand wash in the hand wash dispenser or no soap.





No comments:

Post a Comment